Note: The slides will switch every three seconds. Hover your mouse over them to pause the switching. Use the arrow keys on the sides of the presentation to manually move to a different slide.
CLASSES OF 2020
THREE TYPES OF CLASSES
Our Original Classes
- Three levels (1, 2, and 3); curriculum difficulty varies per level
- Each level has two classes (A and B); Class A and Class B of the same level generally learn the same curriculum
- Students are sorted into the levels based on their grade
- Students are placed in either Class A or Class B depending on their time availability
- Resulting course names: Class 1A, Class 1B, Class 2A, Class 2B, Class 3A, and Class 3B
- Eight weeks long; classes meet once every week
- For returning students only
- Two programs, a creative writing clinic and a persuasive/essay writing clinic
- Students in grades 1-5+ are eligible for the creative writing clinic
- Students in grades 3-5+ are eligible for the persuasive/essay writing clinic
- Kids who apply for the clinics may be denied, depending on the number of students applying and past class records in participation and homework completion.
- Four weeks long; classes meet once every week
- During the 2020-2021 Winter Break
- A series of seminar-like classes; instead of a "course", each workshop only takes place for one day
- Each workshop meets for 2 hours
- Three different classes to choose from (a debate workshop, a story-lines and themes workshop, and a "Show, Don't Tell" workshop)
- Students can take one or more of the classes; however, we do not recommend taking the same workshop twice, since we may repeat the same material throughout the sessions.